RE: [OM] silvernose

Subject: RE: [OM] silvernose
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:29:47 -0800 (PST)
> The difference between a SC and MC Zuiko seems to me to be far
> less than the
> difference between either type and a Nikkor, most of which are
> very contrasty.

Very good point.  The older lenses, said to be less contrasty
than the newer ones may have a lot to do with my film choices.
Velvia is a really good match with my lenses, whereas it looks
Nuclear with some other lenses.  I shoot enough B&W these days
that the SC lenses seem to be a fine match and actually help
with shadow detail.

For wedding and portrait photography, I've developed a
preference of the flatter look that my lenses give and
Provia-NC.  Skin imperfections, blemishes, rashes, zits, etc.,
just disappear.

As far as sharpness is concerned, I'm not griping.

The silvernosed lenses ARE more prone to flare, but it is all
relative.  The worst silvernosed prime is still as good if not
better than the best multicoated zoom.

I looked at my old Argus C3 and compared the reflections in its
lens to my Zuikos.  If there was any doubt about our
Single-coated lenses being multicoated...

AG-Schnozz