[OM] FS Vivitar Series 1 100-500/5.6-8

Subject: [OM] FS Vivitar Series 1 100-500/5.6-8
From: "W.Xato" <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 14:14:45 -0800 (PST)
I just bought a bunch of Med. Format equipment and now
have to pay for it. So, I'm selling some stuff that I
don't use much. I have owned this lens for about 11
years. It's in very good condition, just some hardly
visible brassing.. The glass is perfect. Included are
front and rear caps, tripod mount and Hoya UV filter.
The diaphragm closes and opens smoothly. It does macro
to 1:5 and focuses to about 3 feet at all focal
lengths. Optically it's very sharp and equal to Zuikos
at 100mm. At 300mm, if stopped down one stop, it is
equal to the Zuiko 300/4 at the same f stop. At 500mm,
according to Pop Photo it is capable of 8x10s. At the
longest end all apertures are equally sharp, which is
good as you will be using it wide open. I think there
were two versions of this lens and this one, the first
one, is sharper than the second version. I paid $499
so I'm asking $275 + $7 shipping in US. No questions
MBG for thirty days. I've uploaded some photos.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/xato/images/fs/DSCF0835.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/xato/images/fs/DSCF0837.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/xato/images/fs/DSCF0838.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/xato/images/fs/DSCF0841.JPG