Re: [OM] Winder II experiment

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder II experiment
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 20:14:20 +0000
At 00:09 3/4/02, you wrote:
John who knows all has slipped a bit. -30C equals -22F. The finer pitch of F doesn't catch up with the difference in zero points until -40 degrees where C=F.

I don't know all, but knew that was not right, so I looked it up.

Moose

You're absolutely right: -30C = -22F (still a little chilly for a freezer). I blindly used my calculator instead of doing a mental sanity check with the conversion equation. Looked odd, ran it thrice and didn't really think about it. Turns out the calculator has a problem with its conversion algorithm when minus numbers are entered for the temperature to convert from. This should be interesting; it's a TI-85 and I'll contact TI about it. Odd that my TI-36, a dirt cheap throw-away, does the conversion correctly.

-- John