Re: [OM] OM1 meter problems?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 meter problems?
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 02:35:35 +0100 (CET)
On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Mark Dapoz wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > As far as I can see, the mechanical stuff is functioning. The needle
> > centers in the meter under the conditons you described above, and the
> > needle moves freely when I manipulate the ASA-dial and/or shutter/apeture
> > rings. Any more tests I could perform?
>
> You can easily check the meter resistance.  Desolder the blue wire from the
> circuit board and measure the resistance between it and the case.  I believe
> it should be about 1.5K.

Okie, thanks. That's an usual value ;) Since the resistance should change
according to the light the cds'es are exposed to, I assume that any value
"in the neighborhood" of 1.5K is good. I'll try that tomorrow ;)

> If it isn't then follow Clint's instructions for
> cleaning the ground contact. You should also check that the brown wire
> gives no resistence between where it connects on the circuit board and the
> battery tab.

Okie, thanks Mark. It's too late to mess with fine mechanics and
electronics now here in europe (it's 02:30AM), so I will try your and
Clint's instructions tomorrow or tuesday night.

Thanks a ton - I'll let you know how things work out.

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx