Re: [OM] OM1 meter problems?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 meter problems?
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 02:42:02 +0100 (CET)
Clint,

Thanks a ton for your mail with your advices.

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002 clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> If you have a newer style meter (where the meter frame is separate from
> the eyepiece, mostly on 1n's),

Any good (visual) indications on how to detect if it's a newer style
meter? I'm honestly not sure on this...

> check the ground -- touch from the metal
> frame of the meter to the body and see if the meter doesn't jump up.  If
> so, lift out the meter/frame assy and clean the foil grounding strip
> w/acetone to remove the glue. Also, you might want to scrape away any
> paint from the body around the screw hole where the foil strip is held.
>
> On others, wick off the solder on the circuit board and reapply -- and
> while you're at it, gently wiggle the resistors, sometimes they'll crack
> so that you can't tell until they're moved.

Okie - electronics is much less scaring to me than mechanical stuff. I
will definitely try our your advices tomorrow or tuesday evening. I hope
that they solve my metering problems ;)

I'll let y'all know what happens.

Thaks again, Clint...

--thomas