Re: [OM] Puzzling Zuiko 50mm f/1.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Puzzling Zuiko 50mm f/1.8
From: S B Teoh <et@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 14:09:10 +0700
Brian,
I have 3 types (there could be more) of 50mm f1.8 with front rings as follows:
1. 50mm f1.8 F.Zuiko Auto-S OM system Olympus 1545571

2. 50mm f1.8 Zuiko Auto-S Olympus OM System Made in Japan

3. 50mm f1.8 Zuiko MC Olympus OM System Auto-S Japan

Only the first type have the serial number on the front ring
the other two the number is on the chrome ring as describe.
If I am not mistaken the first type F.Zuiko is the earliest.
Hope this helps.

Regards
Eddie

>I asked the vendor of 'Bay auction 1334872142 if the lens had "Made in
Japan" on the front ring, and a serial number on the chrome ring next to the
bayonet fitting, and here's his reply.