[OM] What's cold? ...was Winder II experiment OT

Subject: [OM] What's cold? ...was Winder II experiment OT
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 06:51:35 +0000
Cc: "Josh Lohuis" <josh1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Well, I should have said that -30degC was cold Josh.  I camped out
for a few nights years ago in the mountains in southern Germany on a
winter survival exercise (near Bad Kohlgrub) and -22degC was quite
cold enough for me - mind you, I only had parachute material for
sleeping bag and tent manufacture.

But -42degC!!

I did know that the temperature at CFB Goose Bay could get down below
-60degC and that the base commander would order everyone on base to
stay indoors and use the tunnels to travel between buildings.

Chris