Re: [OM] Re: Why the fondness for silver noses?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Why the fondness for silver noses?
From: Johnny Johnson <jijohnson4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 21:27:46 -0500
At 10:03 PM 3/3/02 -0800, dreammoose wrote:

Johnny, I've been looking at your pictures. Humility is a virtue, but, in case you don't know it, you got 'da eye', something no amount of equipment or technical study can create. The Bison picture is beautifully composed, focused and exposed, as are the others on your site. John is indeed a tough act to follow, but you are up to it.

Hi M,

Thanks (and John Lind too) for the kind words but I've got a theory. Put a monkey and enough rolls of film in Yellowstone Park and he'll end up with a few decent pictures. :-)

John had mentioned the danger posed by bison in his previous message. I've heard that there have been more fatalities in Yellowstone Park over the years that were caused by bison than by grizzly. This particular one was in front of one of the lodgings for workers at the hotel complex on Yellowstone Lake. A group of young people had walked by just before I took the shot. They did give him a wide berth but I don't think he was too pleased with his rest being disturbed. I did, however, have the Blazer parked about ten feet behind me with the left read door open in case I needed to make a hasty exit.

Thanks again,
Johnny