[OM] [OT] Looking for a good film scanning tutorial

Subject: [OM] [OT] Looking for a good film scanning tutorial
From: "--p.j." <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 23:39:35 -0500
I'm looking for a good (online) film scanning tutorial.  Does anybody have
some good suggestions?
I have the Artixscan 4000t (same as Sprintscan 4000), have tinkered with it
a little, but don't want to waste too much time re-inventing the wheel.
I need to know the most basic scanning stuff and have more specific
questions, like:
Should I use SilverFast AI or Vuescan?
When should I make prescan corrections vs. Photoshop/PaintShop Pro
corrections?
I want web quality and photo printing quality, so should I go ahead and scan
at max. dpi?
What's the best way to archive?  CD Burner, extra drive, etc.?

I'm working on a webpage with some of my Palmyra Atoll photos, so hopefully
I will have something to display soon :-)
Many thanks to those who reply.

--p.j.