[OM] OT - dangerous animals - was Why the fondness ...?

Subject: [OM] OT - dangerous animals - was Why the fondness ...?
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:16:49 +0000
Cc: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Back in 1990, we had the holiday of a lifetime during which we
visited Yellowstone.  I was quite dismayed to see some tourists
feeding a bear cub on the side of the road... inculcating the wrong
lessons in the little thing to make it a danger to the public, and
itself, later in life.

You see, _I_ listened to the Park Rangers in their briefings (smug tone :>)).

By the way, I saw Pearl Harbour on video for the first time.  As a
romantic video show it was pretty contrived, as a description of a
period of history it was pretty awful.  The idea that dogfights
happened between hangars is just preposterous- quite apart from the
detail of all those torpedo bombers wandering around the land looking
for a place to drop them.

... but I must look up more information about the Doolittle Raiders;
that looked like a story to warm the cockles of the heart, even if
the film managed to stretch credibility to the limit (e.g. girlfriend
managing to listen to the intercom or radio from some 4,000 miles
away)!

Grump complete ;-)

Chris