Re: [OM] Re: Why the fondness for silver noses?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Why the fondness for silver noses?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 19:26:23 EST
dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> she regularly took National Geographic quality slides

I heard Dewitt Jones speak once (actually it was a video of a speech he gave
at the National Speakers Association) and if my memory serves me right, he
said National Geographic photographers typically shoot 400 rolls of film for
each article in the magazine.  Yes, that is each article not each issue.
Seems like the point he was making was not how many "good" ones you got on
each roll, but rather if you got the ones you needed to get the job done.
This video is spectacular both photographically and the content of his
speech.  If anyone is interested I will post information about it to the
list.  I bought a copy and have shared it with family and friends.  Bill
Barber