Re: [OM] flash cords

Subject: Re: [OM] flash cords
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 19:32:20 +0000
At 23:55 3/5/02, Jodi Jakeway wrote:
Hello everyone,
It's been awhile since I've been on the list...I'm back.

Welcome back! Hope you will have something for the next TOPE (shooting season is currently open).

I have an OM-2s and a T32 flash and I would like to get a stroboframe and
need to know what I need to buy to hook it up properly......sync cords or
whatever....I'm in the dark!  Thanks in advance for any help.

One of two coiled cords will provide you with TTL/OTF control of the T32 from the OM-2S and provide some flexibility when turning the camera:
  (a)  TTL Auto Cord T 0.6m
  (b)  TTL Auto Shoe Cord T 0.6m

The first connects the TTL socket on the side of the T-32 to the TTL socket on the front of the OM-2S body. The second connects the same TTL socket on the side of the T-32 to the OM-2S hot shoe. I prefer the second one for use with a rotating camera bracket as the first can sometimes work loose from the camera body. This presumes you have a method for mounting the T-32 on top of the Stroboframe (most come with a shoe for holding a flash). AFIK both of these cords are still available new.

An alternative method using more parts is to mount a TTL Auto Connector T20 on top of the Stroboframe, mount the T-32 in it, and use one of the two cords listed above to plug into the TTL socket on the back of it instead of directly to the T-32. This "remote TTL hot shoe" is no longer made and in high demand. Not rare, but when they do come up for sale they disappear quickly. I use a pair of these to hold a pair of T-32's (or other flashes) side by side for use in tandem (multiply a single flash GN by 1.414 for using a pair in tandem)

-- John