Re: [OM] Re: Why the fondness for silver noses?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Why the fondness for silver noses?
From: Chris Waigl <chrisw@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 02:39:02 +0100
Le Tue, 05 Mar 2002 17:47:40 +0000, "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
écrivit:

>Don't have the 28/2 but it does have a fine reputation as one of the better
>Zuiko lenses.

I still don't have the 28 f/2 but one day I will. (Perhaps
someone remembers my story about the strange relationship
between me and this lens. The second time I tried to buy
one it _also_ was withheld in the end by the store because
an alleged defect. <sigh>)

But on the bright side, zuikos are out there. This one should
be on its way to me soon (not quite a fang, but close, right?):
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1336888223&ed=1015230570

>Some 135/2.8 shots covering a range of usage:
>   http://johnlind.tripod.com/oly/gallery/om48.html
>   http://johnlind.tripod.com/oly/gallery/om54.html
>   http://johnlind.tripod.com/oly/gallery/om58.html

Very interesting. 135mm has quite a remarkable perspective
to it, and you're right, it's not often seen these days.
I'd have guessed wrongly the above three shots were from
a longer telephoto lens, but there's something like
a hint of hesitation about just how close or far the
viewer is from the subject about esp the first three
pictures.

--
chris waigl

     I am now prosecuting some things with an engine I formerly
     writ to you of.            (Robert Boyle, to Hardlib 1659)