Re: [OM][OT] yashica - was nuts....and other stuff.....

Subject: Re: [OM][OT] yashica - was nuts....and other stuff.....
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:52:11 +1100
>I have a Yashica rangefinder. It's a Yashica T4 Super D  point
>and shoot, and it is a superb little camera. IMHO, its the best
>fixed focal 35mm point and shoot you can buy. It has an
>absolutely superlative little Zeiss T* Tessar 35mm lens.
>-Stephen Scharf

Technically, the T4/5 is not a rangefinder but an auto-focus 'viewfinder'
(no rangefinding manual focus mechanism).
Great little lens, but. Just dismantled a busted Yash T2 for interest which
has the same lens. The old Yashica Electro rangefinders are far bigger with
a nice, fast lens. What are people using for batteries?
AndrewF
1xKyocera Slim T* (T4/5 clone)
1xYashica GX Black
1xYashica GTN Chrome