Re: [OM] Velvia - was: 350mm f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Velvia - was: 350mm f2.8
From: "Daan Kalmeijer" <daan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 12:05:47 +0100
It allways striked me that most of serious nature phototgraphy (as shown in
nature photography magazines and nature photography contests) is done on
Velvia, some on other Fuji and Kodak is only used by very few nature
photographers. People who don't do nature photography seem to use far more
Kodak and tend to find Velvia unrealistic and flashy.

For my eye (I am a nature photographer and a Velvia enthousiast), Kodak
slides look dull/gray/yellow, not natural at all.

Seems to me that photography "culture" pushes us in percieving the results
of specific films, techniques and tools as "normal". Granularity and
contrast figures don't tell the whole story.

Daan

Pictures of Insects at
www.kalmeijer.net