Re: [OM] OT Metz

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Metz
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:47:13 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, John Hudson wrote, quoting Bog Gries:

> > As per Roger Skully's suggestion, I would like to make some tests using
> > manual flash numbers instead of the TTL when photographing in dark
> > spaces.
> >
> > Any and all suggestions are welcomed!
> >
> > Bob Gries
>
> I have a 60CT4 and was advised to get "dryfit"
> lead acid batteries ....... more charge, last longer, more flashes per
> charge. Whether that advice was right I don't know for sure but the
> batteries do last a long time. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I
> can comment.

The best sort are the "cyclon" types - It's not that have a higher
capacity (they don't tend to) but that they give their full capacity at
higher discharge rates than normal sealed (or unsealed) lead acid
batteries.

As for suggestions for Bob's dilemma - borrow a flash meter and take
some measurements to establish the true guide number?

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |