Re: [OM] Cable release fault OM4

Subject: Re: [OM] Cable release fault OM4
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 19:24:26 +0000
Cc: "Tim Helps" <thelps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Yes Tim.  My OM4, bought new in Tampa in 1989, will fire with a cable
release with difficulty.  I reckoned that it had to be the right sort
of cable release, so search around.  Someone had the answer when I
mentioned this some months ago - Warren suggested that the depth of
plunge was the answer.  And it took Tris and I a while before we
understood what sort of mechanism we were discussing.  Anyway, you
are not alone.

On the other hand, I don't have a problem with battery usage on the OM4.

Chris