Re: [OM] 21/3.5 an interesting lens

Subject: Re: [OM] 21/3.5 an interesting lens
From: "W.Xato" <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 15:21:19 -0800 (PST)
Mark, I agree with Frieder Faig on this one, at least
where ISO 160 film is concerned. Your basic exposure
should be with the sunny 16 rule of "f16 @ 1/ISO" or
f16 @1/160. At least for slide film f16 @1/1000 will
cause the snow to appear gray. For snow I would
overexpose 1-2 stops from the meter reading. Of course
if you can't center the needle, you won't be able to
figure out what 1 or 2 stops less is but you can set
the ISO to 80 or 40, which will give you the same end
result. Just remember to set it back to the correct
ISO when you are done with the snow scenes.

The OM4 series and OM3 series has the perfect cure for
this metering situation. You just push "spot" and then
"highlight" and the camera will take care of the
settings for you.

Warren

--- "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well today I decided to test out a 21/3.5 I got
> recently off the evil one
> I for one feel that they should have
> added an f22 stop cause in the bright snow with
> portra
> 160 even at f16 I had to use 1/500 to 1/1000th of a
> second to get the OM-1n's needle inbetween the
> lines.

=====
Warren Xato

For where to go when you know when