Re: [OM] OM1 batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 batteries
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 09:32:25 +0800
Voltage drop across diode is never constant either, of course much
better than resistor, resistor is never an option to provide constant
voltage drop for variable current consumption device. Schottky diode
drop can vary from 0.1x to 0.2V from few tens of microamps to few
hundred mircroamps. Voltage drop across a resistor or diode will
consumpt power (and same power consumption if the voltage and current
is the same) but in the case of series circuit for metering, power
consumption is not an item to concern as the meter need the same
current to operate (provided both circuit give the same meter
accuracy).

C.H.Ling