Re: [OM] Slide Film Exposure

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide Film Exposure
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 17:41:59 +0800
"John A. Lind" wrote:

> At 04:11 3/8/02, you wrote:
> >I am about to try a roll of slide film for the first time.  I think that I
> >had herd that you should meter slide film 1/2 stop lower or higher, I
> >can't remember which.
> >
> >What are the thoughts about shooting with slide film?  I am using an OM1,
> >or OM2SP.  Both bodys' meters have been right on with print film.
> >
> >Don Gaikins

<snip>

> Again, when just starting, use it at rated speed until you get a "feel" for
> what you get and how you want to adjust it from there.  Personally, it's
> quite rare for me to shoot any slide film at other than its rated speed.  I
> will make exposure adjustments for individual frames based on strong
> backlighting, etc., just as one would with negative films, but that's
> exposure placement for the scene and not anything done just because it's
> slide film.
>
> -- John

Totally agree with John here, just shoot at rated speed for the first
time trial on slide film. On the other hand you will never know your
camera is "right on" or not with print film, their latitude is just
too high, I can't even distinglish two stops over on the negative. I
shoot all slides at rated speed but for my OM4 I set it to ISO80 for
ISO100 slides because the camera's metering is a bit high (around 0.2
to 0.3 stop under).

C.H.Ling