[OT] personal update -- was [OM] And the winner of the 350mm f2.8 conte

Subject: [OT] personal update -- was [OM] And the winner of the 350mm f2.8 contest is . . .
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:42:25 -0500
If we're doing it at my place, wait a month and we'll have moved into our
new house.  Plenty of room to host an event. Bought a bigger one then we'd
planned on.

So, I guess I'll use this as an opportunity to do a bit of an update.  I
dropped off the list about 6 weeks ago when we moved to Florida.  I came
back on about a week ago lurking (until I got outed by a list member :) ).

The move has gone well, but we're in a temporary apartment and most of our
belongings are still in boxes.  Very annoying. Everytime you turn around,
you go "where did I put --- oh yeah.  The challenge is that the company I
started working for (Fiserv) is moving from Orlando proper to Lake Mary,
which is 30 miles Northeast.  Bad commute.  I didn't want to do that commute
from January to July, so we rented near the 'old' office.

Then we started house hunting.  Just to get ideas of neighborhoods.  We
won't buy until May or June.

Yeah, right.

Second house we saw, we fell in love with.

less than a mile from the new office.

So, we're buying it.  Closing on the 22nd.

We'll move in May.  Yeah, that's it.

Right.

We're moving in April 1.  I'll have the hour commute each way until July.
Now I know there are many of you laughing at my wimpy hour commute, but I
can't stand it.

I'll live.

We are getting settled in though.  The kids like Orlando a lot. We've
already done Disneyworld and Sea World and have Sea World passes (great
deal!).  They're excited about the move and being back to a real house.
Luckily they make friends easily.  Debbie's health is pretty stable and
we've found excellent medical care.

As for the OMs.  Not getting much exercise. The job is taking lots of hours
and will until I get my arms around it.  That's going to take awhile. It's a
bigger job than I anticipated, but that's cool, as I'd prefer to be busy
than bored. Love the company and the people I work with.

So, all good news.

And don't worry, the OM equipment is properly boxed up in plastic
containers, in the air conditioned and dehumidified apartment, with
appropriate drying agents in the containers.

Tom

Perhaps the list needs to do a study in some mutually agreeable place rather
than in cyberspace to try to figure out who really won.  Although not in
southern Florida, might I suggest Tom Scales gear locker in Orlando.  It
would be a tight fit to get us all in there, but if we moved some stuff out,
it might work.  We might even get the taxpayers to foot the bill.  We really
are some right thinking folks, aren't we.  Would someone please check with
Tom and Mrs.Tom to let them know we are coming.  Bill Barber