Re: [OM]

Subject: Re: [OM]
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 20:57:10 +0100
On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 10:11:03PM -0600, Don wrote:
> I am about to try a roll of slide film for the first time.  I think that I
> had herd that you should meter slide film 1/2 stop lower or higher, I can't
> remember which.
>
> What are the thoughts about shooting with slide film?  I am using an OM1,
> or OM2SP.  Both bodys' meters have been right on with print film.

In addition to the other coments, I´d recomend the "John Shaw's"-way, when
you`re serious about slide film. He strongly recomends you`r own test`s and
not care about recomendations from others.
When youre using different equipment for slide viewing, you might need different
meter setting for the same film, than your neighbour.

Method: You need a average test subject, (adding a gray card recomended, but not
necessay). Use the factory-value as starting point. And shoot a bracketing
series
with the surrounding ASA settings.
Then compare the slides under your intended showing conditions. Select the
exposure YOU like best, and further use this value for the film.

Frieder Faig