Re: [OM] Which OM body?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which OM body?
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 02:04:16 +0100
Yo,

on Thu, 07 Mar 2002 13:29:30 -0500, Mike Cormier wrote:

>So here's the crux of it:  Should I get another OM-2 to take advantage of
>the QA310 setup, or should I go all out & get a 4Ti... or is this too much
>camera for my current gear?  And can my new T20 be used TTL with an OM-2
>body (not a OM-2n)?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Let me put it this way: I own an OM-4, two OM-1s, an OM-2, 2 OM-2ns,
an OM-10, an OM-F and an OM-PC, and I had an OM-2s on loan for a few
months. If I could only have one, it would be an OM-2(n). It just
"feels" much more reliable than the later bodies, which, to me, just
seem not to be as well-made (just compare how they feel when you wind
them - the 2s and 4(TI) bodies don't even come close to the smooth,
velvety, classy feel of the 1(n)s and 2(n)s). Plus the 2(n)s are
unreached when it comes to long available darkness exposures (my
favorite).
All you need to use the T-20 on a plain OM-2 is a Shoe 3 (as opposed
to the Shoe 4 needed for a 2-n). Or the respective auto-connectors for
off-camera flash, of course.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart