[OM] Good News

Subject: [OM] Good News
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 22:25:45 -0500
Yesterday afternoon I took a portfolio of my work in a slide tray, plus a half-dozen large prints, and met with director of the fine art gallery at a local university branch campus. We looked at the prints and then ran the slide tray. I had the slides divided into categories of landscape/rural, architectural, flora, fauna, and other (abstract, still-life, etc.) It was a relatively informal session. I think the large prints ended up primarily demonstrating I know how to get from a slide to a gallery display print without embarrassing myself (and them).

During the month of September I will have the "spotlight" area that's reserved for local artists. It's large enough to hold about 10-14 works depending on how it's arranged. There's another "spotlight" for Indianapolis artists which is scheduled for some digital prints, and half the main gallery will contain a larger "solo" photography show (of someone who actually has a "name").

Looking forward to this, and it gives me some time to have some large prints made, a few each month, so I don't break the bank. This is the next step I was looking for.

-- John
[who won't return to Earth until he has to go back to work on Monday]