Re: [OM] RE: Velvia... (isn't this fun?)

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Velvia... (isn't this fun?)
From: "Steve" <Steve.Gullick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 19:01:28 -0000
Velvia is a slow speed professional film. It does not like under exposure,
it does not like polarisers, it does not like being pulled or pushed. Used
properly for the right job it is unbeatable.

I too like Kodachrome, but here in the UK it can take a very long time to
get processed, my last roll took FIVE WEEKS!!. Any professional lab will do
E6, or, if you are careful, you can easily do it yourself. If you need a
good reliable lab, let me know and I will happily send you some details.

I have not seen this famous Highland Cattle picture so upon that I cannot
comment other than to say that, yes, it is easy to obtain these type of
results from Velvia, but it is a fault of the photographer - not the film.

How anyone could describe this film as mediocre is, frankly, beyond me.

Steve