Re: [OM] Unknown lens free to good home or perhaps a bad one.

Subject: Re: [OM] Unknown lens free to good home or perhaps a bad one.
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 00:14:26 -0800
on 3/9/02 5:26 PM, NSURIT@xxxxxxx at NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a package of stuff I purchased a few months ago was a lens which I think
> is an auxiliary lens for either a video or digital camera.  What is says on
> the front is DIAMOND VISION Super Wide AF Macro 0.42X Made in Japan.  It is
> threaded on the back and also has a threaded ring on the front.  It doesn't
> seem to have any scratches although there is a little dust on the interior.
> Rear thread appears to be a 49 mm.  Remember the price is FREE, however I
> need you to pay postage to your house or in lieu of paying postage, send me a
> 55 mm Olympus lens cap, an Olympus body cap or an Olympus rear lens cap in
> trade and I'll pay the postage in the USA. Bill Barber

Bill, you might keep this... I was just looking at Roger Wesson's great
pictures, and some of them were using just such a 'wide adapter' on a 28mm
to create a full circle fisheye effect, and he says that with a 50mm you get
a full-frame fisheye (with some darkening of the corners). All his pictures
are just fabulous, and he sure gets to some very interesting places!

Until I get the fungus-damaged fisheye lenses I have fixed, I think
something like this could be useful for those times when the 18/3.5 just
isn't wide enough... although I'm thinking of getting a Voigtlander and
their 12mm or 15mm lens to combine with my other LTM stuff. How are you
fixed for fisheyes?
--

Jim Brokaw