[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3204

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3204
From: wavegirl <wavegirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 16:48:35 +0000
I'm not sure what causes this -- maybe depressing the film release when the
battery is dead or a loose cover plate? You can fix it by taking apart the
camera and, if I remember correctly there's a little lever under the lens
you can release (the cover interlock switch). If it's not that there's a
little catch on the bottom of the camera near the film release you can
release. But don't worry overly it's not a fatal problem. Once you get the
camera apart it's pretty easy to fix - it happened to me on one of my XA
cameras but only took a few minutes to correct. Just make sure you follow
the advice on the FAQ on taking it apart. There's some good advice on the
Olympus XA FAQ about taking apart the camera: don't lose the top cylindrical
bearing, work over a clean cloth or baking sheet so you don't lose any
parts, the shutter release is glued on, etc. It sounds hard but it's really
very easy and will make sense once you look at the guts of the camera.

If all hope is lost I've got an XA-3 I'd be happy to sell (already have an
XA and a Minox GT-S so the 3 is a bit more than I need) - can part with it
for maybe 30 euros plus shipping?

Good luck,
Lisa