[OM] chemical prints from digital images

Subject: [OM] chemical prints from digital images
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:31:14 -0800
The following clip is taken from a recent discussion on
rec.photo.technique.people list:

> If I retouch the image in PhotoShop, I will have to deliver a computer print
> as opposed to a lab 8x10 enlargement.

Not true; you can have chemical prints made from digital files nowadays.

All you have to remember is to get a very high-resolution, 12- or 16-bit
scan, so that you have plenty of headroom for your retouching.  If you
then print the retouched file chemically, nobody will ever even know
that it went through the digital realm (if that is important).