RE: [OM] Free Image Editor observation

Subject: RE: [OM] Free Image Editor observation
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:45:04 +0000
Oh no, now I will have to get it to try it.  I'm only just getting to
grips with MacOSX, so it might be a little tricky for me ;-).

Has anyone tried the GIMP package (that's a pun, I've just realised,
as .pkg is the pre-installed extender) on a Mac yet?  May I have a
hint please?

Chris

At 09:11 -0700 12/3/02, Daniel J. Mitchell wrote:
 > I've been working on some scans tonight and finally got around
 to loading the windows version of THE GIMP. (2002-3-10)
 [snip]

 Another nice thing about the Gimp is that it'll do pretty much everything
Photoshop will, and they've done their best to replicate the Photoshop
dialogs -- so if you follow tips from Photoshop sites on how to do things,
the chances of being able to replicate those in the Gimp are pretty good.

 It's not got the same range of external plugin support as Photoshop -- it
does support plugins, but there's not been the same number of pro 3rd
parties writing them, so there's a lot of gimmicky stuff there; and it tends
to use up a lot of memory/hard disk space and crash from time to time; but
if you can live with that, it's a great (and genuinely free) tool.

 -- dan

--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker