[OM] Opinions on Sigma 50-200 (apo) and 21-35 lenses..?

Subject: [OM] Opinions on Sigma 50-200 (apo) and 21-35 lenses..?
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:57:56 +0100 (CET)
Hi all,

Another post made me wonder...the abovementioned are the two remaing
third-party lenses I've got - whatever else I've had has been sent off to
better homes (read: homes, where they would not have competition from
Zuikos).

I like the two lenses for what they do to the image on the film, however
they are heavy (50-200 apo) and big (21-35) and do thus not get a whole
lot of use. Still, I keep them around and use them from time to time,
situation permitting. It's not the 50-200 I take if I am not going by car,
for example. (But the 21-35 really makes for a nice lens for city-shots,
in particulary in european cities with narrow streets etc).

I was wondering if the collective mind of the list has an opinion - or
perhaps something "scientific" - to share? Anyone know the lenses? Use
them?

In my neck of the woods, Sigma was a fairly dominating name in off-brand
lenses, with alternatives being much less visible. So it was either
"original" or Sigma lenses then.....

Just soliciting others opinions ;)

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)