Re: [OM] What happened to the OM market?

Subject: Re: [OM] What happened to the OM market?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:59:37 -0800
on 3/12/02 4:36 PM, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx at ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I was trying to be generous, so i wasn't accused of being a cheapskate. I
> rounded all my guesses up a little, to what i thought they might sell for
> individually, not what I was willing to pay!
>
> George S.
>
> tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

>> That's at fairly generous prices for each and every item.  For a package
>> price, I got under $4000.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>>> I just did a VERY unscientific guesstimation of all his gear and got
>> $5,650
>>> assuming he's accurate in his description of the gear's condition. With a
>>> reserve of $5,400, there ain't much of a "package discount" here, is
>> there?
>>>
>>> George S.

When I ran the numbers I got ~$5650 which I based on a 'low individual sale'
prices for the named bits. I don't see any leverage here; if you buy and
break it up you're not getting a very good deal on the stuff you keep for
yourself (and other than the 3Ti I already have most of it...)
--

Jim Brokaw