Re: [OM] What's Your Favorite OM Body?

Subject: Re: [OM] What's Your Favorite OM Body?
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:30:29 -0500

You think that they feel so smooth because they are older and
more worn out?  My OM-2S' film advance is pretty smooth too.  My
OM-1md wasn't as smooth as the OM-2S.

Does the OM-2S through OM-4Ti have an internal counter of some
form that keeps track of total exposures?

When I bought my first OM-1 (in the early 80's) is was basically unused. It had been my father's back-up camera (He used a pair of 2n's mainly) and had had maybe 20 rolls of film through it. It was as silky smooth then as it is now. (I still have and use it) Pick up a good-condition OM-1(n) and operate it... then pick up any OM-4(T) body on the planet, and the difference will be night and day. The wind lever on a 4 feels like it uses sandpaper for bearings in comparison. The non-MD versions (like mine) seem smoother still, but this could be my imagination.

As for an exposure counter, I am not aware of any.