RE: [OM] What's Your Favorite OM Body?

Subject: RE: [OM] What's Your Favorite OM Body?
From: "Robert R. Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:07:14 -0600
I guess you are right that it might be quicker, but I'm scatter-brained
enough that I wouldn't be able to do the math, or I would be pointing it
in the wrong direction by forgetting that it was spot only and not
averaging w/ spot option.

Also, my one complaint about the -1 is that I have gotten so used to
depressing the shutter button slightly for the meter to go on that I
forget to flick the switch on the top of the camera.  I guess I just
need to keep it on and put spares in my pack...

Bob

snip

That's about how I use the OM-2S's spot meter.  Aim it all around the
scene
and do a mental "average" of several readings, biasing towards the
intended
subject.  And then bracket for insurance.  So far, this method hasn't
disappointed me.  The failures have been obvious, and all mine (test
roll:
"Oh, sh*t, the foreground is all shadow, you dummy, and that's all you
metered!").  My learning curve is still pretty steep, as I don't get out

enough to "practice", but spring is upon us!  I'm gettin' a bad case of
Zuikoitis just reading the list and seeing the sun try to break through
here.