Re: [OM] What's Your Favorite OM Body?

Subject: Re: [OM] What's Your Favorite OM Body?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:32:59 -0800 (PST)
> Ag Schnozz, what's your method with the OM-2S?  Any
> suggestions?

Not really.  Metering technique is obviously a very personal
thing.  In outdoor "sunny-16" type of conditions I'll meter a
subject with the spot meter to verify my proper exposure and
then pop it back to auto mode.  I'll keep an eye on the scale
and if the shutter-speed gets out of acceptable range, I'll just
flip the lever back over to manual to take my shot.  In action
environments I'll go back and forth between auto and manual
without even thinking about it.  When using the exposure
compensation dial you have to undo it and maybe even take the
camera away from your eye to check its proper setting.  Not with
the manual/auto/program switch on the OM-2S.

I would have liked to have the OM-2S show the shutter speed in
the viewfinder in manual mode, but otherwise it's ok.

The lack of meter lock in the OM-2S vs the spot metering
function in the OM-4 is different, but actually matches the
metering functionality in the OM-1(md,n) and OM-2(md,n) bodies.
It's the OM-4 (and maybe the OM-3) that is different from the
rest in that the spot metering function is a completely
different animal from the OM 1-2S bodies.

My OM-4 is off in Clint's possession right now getting all
gussy'd up.  I'm looking forward to having it back.  Spring is
coming soon and I'm eager to give it a serious workout this
year.

There is a part of me that REALLY wants to get an OM-3Ti.
Unfortunately there is no way I could slide that one past the
CDFO.  Her first question will be "is it a medium format camera
to be used for weddings?"  Second question will be "is it a
digital camera?"  You know where THAT is going.

AG-Schnozz