[OM] sprite?; Afghan girl

Subject: [OM] sprite?; Afghan girl
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:35:42 -0800
"My favorite OM body for important work is a 6+ condition OM4, the main reason
is I got it from a professional photographer who use to shoot documentary. The
camera seems to be having his sprite on it..."

His sprite? Spirit? Soul? ???

There's no prize for this, but does anyone out there know why Coca Cola's
version of 7Up was called Sprite?

"Just last year, when I saw that face slapped on yet another National
Geographic product advertisement, it occurred to me to wonder just how much
money that girl had made for the organization, and how ridiculous it would be
to imagine that she or her family would share in a penny of the profits."

In an interview this morning on National Public Radio, the photographer said
that National Geographic is providing assistance to this woman and her family.
And they will be putting her children through school.