Re: [OM] Point-and-shoots -- XA -vs- Stylus Epic/mjuII?

Subject: Re: [OM] Point-and-shoots -- XA -vs- Stylus Epic/mjuII?
From: "Tom Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 20:38:29 -0500
On Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 19:34, Wayne Culberson
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Re: [OM] Point-and-shoots -- XA -vs- Stylus Epic/" saying:

> I have both, XA and MJU w/2.8. If you're looking for "very pocket-sized",
> get the MJU as it is smaller (with built in flash). If you don't intend to
> carry a flash, then maybe get the XA. But you really need both :-)
> My MJU goes with me just about everywhere, while the XA sits at home a lot
> more. It seems if I want something other than strictly point and shoot, I
> use the OM's.
>
> XA advantages: 1.very very quiet shutter     2.easy on batteries  3. built
> in self timer 4. get more than 36 exp.on a roll of 36.

Does the Mju have a limit of 36? I regularly get 26 or 27 on a 24 roll.

> MJU advantages:1. you can just buy one, don't have to battle on ebay   2.
> spot metering  3.  weather proof    4.don't have to think - hand it do
> anybody - my nine year-old son uses it.
> Okay, yes, its like apples and oranges. I eat both.

I like my Mju too. And the remote control for it. And the program which
favours sharpness by keeping the aperture wide open until the shutter speed
is over 1/250. And the focus hold that goes with the spot metering.

Tom
------- Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur -----------------
   ,__@ Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714