RE: [OM] OT - This soft release changed my life!

Subject: RE: [OM] OT - This soft release changed my life!
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:19:18 -0700
>   The OM-1 release is so well designed as is. The ball
> of your finger is on the release and you take up the
> slack by pressing the release even with the ring that
> surrounds it. Then when the time is right you press
> down ever so slightly. If you were watching me from
> just a few feet away, you wouldn't even see my finger
> move.

 Thanks for the pointer -- it's one of those things that I guess I knew, but
had never consciously thought about; making the effort to take up most of
the motion before the final click really helps to stabilise it and avoid the
'stab' that I'd otherwise end up doing.

 I think paying attention to exactly where the critical point is makes a big
difference, rather than just assuming it's down there somewhere.. Very neat,
and one more easy thing that should (hopefully) help to reduce the blur..

 -- dan