Re: [OM] What Colour?

Subject: Re: [OM] What Colour?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:58:36 -0800
on 3/13/02 11:16 PM, The Mauler at mauler@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have a completely defunct OM4Ti body that was probably dropped into water
> by it's previous owner and not cleaned out properly.  The electronics did
> not work, and there was corrosion on the parts of the body.
>
> I took the time to take it apart and strip the electronics out.  Amazingly,
> the insides looked very clean.  Shutter curtains were goners, of course.

I have one of these, too... you're ahead of me.

> I have since stripped the paint off the top and bottom plates.  They both
> have this nice burnished, smooth look now.  Wonder why the paint chiperd off
> the body so easily on the Tis and less on the regular bodies?

I think there are adhesion problems on titanium for paint of any type.
Titanium can be 'anodized' in a rainbow of colors, I was going to go with
just polished/sanded to a matte finish, but you could do a Google search on
'titanium color' and probably find some info.

> I intend to, when time and expertise allow, to swap the Ti plates with my
> regular OM4's.  My question: What colour should I spray the bare plates?  I
> intend to go with Morgan's coloured leather coverings, the colour of which I
> am now undecided.

A classic combination would be a 'British Racing Green' with tan leather.

> I am somewhat leaning towards the red covering for the body.  Now, what
> other colour will look nice on a part black and part red body?  Yellow?
> Green?  Purple?  Blue?  Input, anyone?

I think two colors is enough...

--

Jim Brokaw