Re: [OM]Zukio 180 F2

Subject: Re: [OM]Zukio 180 F2
From: OM4Ti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:09:34 -0500
Tom,
All of the big/fast Zuikos that I have used have a bit of play in the
focusing. The folks at the factory tell me it is to accommodate expansion
due to the heat of being in the sun all day. Remember the first 50 of the
250/2 and 350/2.8 were black not white, they heated up quicker in the sun.

Now yours may have more play than normal, but both of mine take about 1/4
inch of movement before they begin to focus.
Mark