Was Re: [OM]Zukio 180 F2 Is Focus Play

Subject: Was Re: [OM]Zukio 180 F2 Is Focus Play
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:05:13 -0800
In a message dated 3/14/2002 Mark writes:

<< All of the big/fast Zuikos that I have used have a bit of play in the
focusing. The folks at the factory tell me it is to accommodate expansion
due to the heat of being in the sun all day. Remember the first 50 of the
250/2 and 350/2.8 were black not white, they heated up quicker in the sun.

Now yours may have more play than normal, but both of mine take about 1/4
inch of movement before they begin to focus. >>

A quarter inch?!!! I'm pretty confident Tom has had at least a couple
"big white ones" and can chime in as well on this, but my very well used
350/2.8 has exactly *zero* play. If had anywhere near 1/4" it would be
on the way to John for (hopeful) fixin'

Of course I only have the one data point to go by (mine, it's the only
one I have ever used) and YMMV.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com