Re: [OM]Zukio 180 F2

Subject: Re: [OM]Zukio 180 F2
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:52:38 -0600
Sorry for jumping in late here, but this is a 180mm f/2.0?  Looking at the
parts pages, I see that the distance ring is really a cam -- it would really
be unusual for it to be able to turn without changing _something_.

I've only worked on a few, but I've made some notes on disassembly -- if
you'd like I'll pass them on.

Now the 180mm f/2.8, on the other hand, is a more "traditional" design -- the
focusing ring turns a helicoid that unscrews.  If the set screws have worked
loose, it would perform like you've described -- slipping a little, then
grabbing and slipping more.