[OM] re: OM 2n for studio flash

Subject: [OM] re: OM 2n for studio flash
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:32:47 -0800
> From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I'm considering using an OM2n in a "poor-man's studio" role.  Basically, I
> want to mount a couple of T32 and T20 flashes to tripods at different angles
> to the subject and have them all fired by the 2n's shutter release.  So I
> think I need the Autoconnector 4, a Autoconnector T20 for each T20 flash I
> use, a whole bunch of TTL cables, and a TTL multi-connector.  Is there
> anything else required that I am not thinking of?  Would a flashmeter be a
> great idea, or can the camera's TTL circuits handle this?

If you mount a T32 on the camera you won't need the Auto connector Type
4. Bounce it if you don't want direct light. The T32 has a socket for
the TTL cables. In fact if you use all T32's you won't need the rare and
expensive T20 auto connector for each T20 flash. Just use the multi
connector which is easy to find and relatively cheap. You could vary the
position of the flashes to change light relative  to the subject.

One problem I've had with this setup is that you don't see the results
of the combined lighting until the pictures are back from the developer.
So I've been using an R30 flood in a cheap clamp-on fixture as a
modeling light (and my imagination) when setting up the shot. This is
better than nothing but not by much :>)

Mike
--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West