Re: [OM] IS Experience?

Subject: Re: [OM] IS Experience?
From: "Donald MacDonald" <Donald.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 23:18:32 -0000
One of the best purchases I ever made was my iS3000 and 35RC for 200UKP all
in. The 35RC came in its box with manual and an original review article from
Amateur Photographer (smelled a bit, but it's original - just like my
feet!), while the iS3000 had 60UKP knocked off the original price because
Lee Quigg "couldn't shift it"....

The iS3000 is a great camera. I use it for point-and-shoot duty at family
and friends gatherings, and have used it for the Tour de France. For the
Tour, though, I need to get the dedicated flash gun... like hen's teeth over
here, as far as I can see. Love one of those 1.5 converters, too, but same
story. Keep looking...

As to how sharp the lens is, it's sharper than anything else I have, either
that or the autofocus is better than my lousy eyesight.

And I fell off the wagon again this week. An eyecup 1, T32, T32 Zoom
Adapter, M Grip Cord. The deal came with T32 manual and Olympus Flashphoto
Group manual. <sigh>

Can't speak for the rest of the iS cameras, but the 3000 is superb. You need
one...

Donald.

Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS
www.bigmac1st.freeserve.co.uk