Re: [OM] Such a Deal!

Subject: Re: [OM] Such a Deal!
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 14:34:11 -0500
How gauche!  Want to know my gross annual income and my wife's bra
size?  Do you work for the government?

Just kidding.  Since we're all friends here, except when competing
on the Bay for something, I don't mind talking about my camera
gear.  Just don't ask me about my guns or where I go on partly
cloudy nights when the moon is full and a gentle breeze comes up
out of the south.

I paid for my "Excellent" OM-4T (not Ti) exactly what another one
is selling for right now on the KEH web site, $665.  There's not a
mark on it, not even the usual little scratches around the tripod
socket, and the only brassing was a tiny bit on the memo holder.
I just wonder what it would take to make it "Excellent Plus," just
further proof that KEH grades extremely conservatively.  I don't
think even the most careful photographer could put more than 20 or
30 rolls of film through a camera and have it graded better
than "Excellent" by them.

Last time I looked, they also had an "Excellent Plus" 4T for $751
and an "Excellent Plus" 4Ti for $919.  You may pay more there, but
you can be sure you?re getting real quality, plus you've got a 14-
day, no-questions-asked return privilege and none of the auction
uncertainties.  And I have no connection with them, except I have
spent way too much money there.

And why the hell is the 4Ti priced $162 more than the 4T when
they're the same grade?  Looks like some folks -- nobody here, I'm
sure -- are willing to pay more for a 4Ti than a 4T.  Why is
that?  It's the exact same camera, ain't it?

Walt Wayman