Re: [OM] Such a Deal!

Subject: Re: [OM] Such a Deal!
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 15:56:15 -0500
Actually, the difference is $168.  I don't do math well.

And the older I get, the less importance I ascribe to the age of
things.  (May have to do with my math disability.) I've got three
plain ol' OM-4s from the early '80s.  From an operational
standpoint, they're as good as new and I trust them as much as my
15-month old OM-4Ti that I bought brand new.  So if a T and a Ti
are in the same condition, indicating the same amount of use
and/or abuse, I don't think the difference of a couple of years in
age is worth all that much.  I think it's more a matter of
perception.  Some folks just automatically think newer is better.
That's one reason the world is so full of worthless new crap today.

Walt Wayman