Re: [OM] Saturday Outing

Subject: Re: [OM] Saturday Outing
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:19:27 -0500
At 11:14 3/17/02, Mickey Trageser asked:
Oh John, you just keep raisning the bar.

It's a bad habit; bad for the bank account, that is.

Except for a few small OM "odds and ends" convenience items the 35mm small format system currently has what it needs. It was gradually expanded in size also. Been some time now since I've felt constrained by equipment in being able to create what's visualized. Might eventually replace the 200/4 with a 180/2.8, but it's not even on the "Wanted" List (second tier below the "Most Wanted").

A friend at work wants to bet on how soon a technical view camera shows up via UPS.
Recently got "caught" surfing these pages:
  http://www.wisner.com/16x20.htm
  http://www.wisner.com/Page13.html
  http://www.wisner.com/Page14.html
  http://www.wisner.com/Page15.html
  http://www.wisner.com/den.htm
  http://www.wisner.com/vegas.htm

"SUV" becomes camera bag. <g>
Before I could say anything I was told not to even think about it.  ;-)
OK.  Not thinking about it.  Is "dreaming" considered "thinking?"
Guess it depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
BTW, check out the lens price!

Is this a new item, or 'previously owned'? Either way, I know you'll make good use of it!
Mickey

Previously owned (a.k.a. "used") in "EX" condition. The *new* price is steep albeit not nearly as much as some MF lenses (e.g. Schneider-Kreuznach or Carl Zeiss). Already have photographs in mind for it. Found myself using OM's at times I wanted to use the 645. Only solution is expanding the 645 system. OTOH, there's numerous occasions when the 645 is impractical.

-- John