[OM] 2x teleconverter

Subject: [OM] 2x teleconverter
From: "Olympus List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 00:26:06 -0800
Well, after moving, and finally getting my servers back up, and signing up again for the list, I have to say, I'm happy to be back. I just came back from a great trip to the Sequoias. Took pictures on my OM1n, with Provia 100, the pictures should be stunning. It rained and snowed, and then the skies cleared up, and was bright, and so I anticipate the pictures to be amazing. Ramblings aside.. Question:: I just won a 2x teleconverter on Evilbay. I figure since I'm broke and can't really afford a 180mm lens, I would just go ahead and use my 90mm with a 2x. I have read that the quality is horrible. Is it really that bad, or just scary stories to scare the children enough to buy more lenses? I know I lose something like 2stops right?? The other question I had was:: I was looking for a 28-70mm f/2.8 constant. Anybody make this for our OM system?
Thanks.
Albert