RE: [OM] the woes of electronics

Subject: RE: [OM] the woes of electronics
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:00:29 -0500
You may want to consider what I have done.  I use the om1n exclusively.  I
had thought of getting a 4ti new, especially since Olympus is stopping
production.  But I have worried about the circuit as well.  What do I use
for auto exposure?  A N*kon F60, which is still available for cheap and is
well built.  For me, I am not good at photographing my kids' soccer with MF
cameras, so I needed an AF camera.  IMHO, the electronics of the auto
exposure OM cameras will become more and more of an achilles heel as time
goes on.  If you can afford it though, the mechanical 3Ti is a good choice,
but if you really need the electronics, consider an AF perhaps.  It is cost
efficient for me, but I would sure like a 3Ti, but my astronomy hobby will
prevent me from getting one ;)

-Bill