[OM] IS-5 on the Bay

Subject: [OM] IS-5 on the Bay
From: "Michael S. Williamson" <mikew@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:57:52 -0600
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1340444153

Perhaps I've missed it, but I believe this is the first one I've seen
listed.  BIN price is $399.99 (which I'm assuming is list price or more).
For what it's worth, I inquired of my local camera store about the IS-5 &
IS-50.  I talked to one of the employees who had handled one in FL last
month (or was that this month?).  She said it felt light and flimsy (her
word, not mine).  They elected not to stock it but would special order.
She, on the other hand, had nothing but good things to say about the IS-3,
so she's not an anti-Olympus kind of girl.  I'm still waiting for an
IS-3(000) owner on the list to obtain one and give us some feedback.

Mike W.