Re: [OM] (Fwd) Don't wash your camera

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) Don't wash your camera
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:01:44 EST
Nice story, I think he lucked out that it works as well as it does, and, I'm
willing to bet that one day he'll turn it on and it'll be as good as new.

Reminds me of when I was a young, not far removed from being a rookie, police
officer, and a bit of a smartass... We used to stand inspection in front of a
VERY straight-laced Captain. At one inspectrion he took me to task for a
slightly dirty weapon, and I was sure to not repeat that with him next time.
So, when he remarked that my weapon was in very nice shape, clean as a
whistle, I said "thank you, sir, I've found that placing it on the top rack
of my dishwasher does a fine job with no effort needed on my part."  He
didn't know what to make of that, his expression went from blank, to shock,
to nervous, and finally just grunted and went on to the next guy, still not
knowing if I was serious, or just a smartass...

George S.